Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Iron On Vinyl

If you haven't done so, iron on vinyl is super fun to work with.  You can transform any fabric into waterproof vinyl!  I got mine from Joann's by Therm O Web.  It comes in a roll 17' x 2yds.  I don't know what happened to the changing pad we used to have.  I used this to make a replacement.  All I did was cut fabric and batting 14 x 24.  I used 2 different fabrics so I know which side I use for child and which for icky surfaces.  Iron on the vinyl before sewing.  Pin batting, fabric 1 with vinyl side up and fabic 2 with vinyl side down.  Stitch all around leaving approximately 2 inches gap to turn inside out.  Then top stitch all around again.  I didn't bother with putting any closures on it, since it travels in the diaper bag.  Here's some not so great pics:




Some other suggestions for projects: bibs, make up bags, placemats, coasters, book covers, lunch bags...endless!

No comments: