Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dresser Makeover - Planning Stage

My neighbors moved out last week and left a dresser outside for the taking.  I happen to see it on Friday morning after a night of no sleep.  I went to bed at 9pm and woke up at 12.  I couldn't fall asleep until well after 3am and woke up again at 6am!  At 32 1/2 weeks along...mother nature is in full swing of training for those sleepless nights when the little guy arrives.  Anyway, I was totally amped to find the dresser outside.  I've been checking out craigslist, Goodwill, Salvation Army and garage sales for something low budget that I can re-vamp.  I liked what Jill made on her blog for her son.  I also liked the decopage ideas from Mintage Home.  I picked up this pretty little number with chipped enamel on the top, lovely stickers on the drawers and funky stains on the sides.  But I think with a coat of white semi gloss paint to match with the rest of the furniture in Piggie's room, and maybe some decorative yellow graphic print decopaged on top, it would turn out to be a gem. 

I'm going to attempt to clean the drawers this week and work on getting the stickers off.  Then possibly prime and paint on Sunday.  I'll post pics of before and after when I get it done.

No comments: