I've been busy sewing away for the Princess Birthday Party next month. The girls are getting pink princess tutus and the boys are getting royal blue capes. I used the pattern from the Long Thread to make these. I really didn't want to make them double layered, just wanted to be able to quickly zip them out. I initially tried serging the edges then fold over the seam, but that was more work than I wanted to do. So for my second attempted, I made double biased tape and finished off the edges with it instead. This was much faster, easier, and looks way better. I know the boys are going to love being Prince or super hero.
Friday, September 17, 2010
My Aunt has a breakfast nook in her kitchen with a window seat. The cushion was in terrible shape. She's literally had the same one from when she first moved in like 20 years ago. The fabric looked like terrible 80s floral bedding and was completed wore out that the foam was exposed! She asked me to make her an updated current cushion for a replacement. This thing is 2 yards long and 30 inches deep. Lucky for her we found this awesome upholstery fabric at M&L for $2.98 a yard. I recently got a 50% off coupon for Joann's so the foam was $40 (3 in thick). I think she'll be very pleased with how it turned out. I was off on my measurements and one of the corner is bunched up a little bit. But it's ok because it's a corner that faces the wall.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Using the tutorial on Prudent Baby, I whipped up this stylin' cool sheet my little Man's portable crib today. This was a quick little project completed at lunch time. I picked up the fabric in the remnants bin over at M&L a few months back and didn't know what I was going to do with it. It just so happen to be the exact measurement for this project. All I had to cut was the corners!
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
I made this Princess Snow White inspired tutu for the little Piggie to play dress up. Sometimes she's the Pink Princess and other times she wants to be Blue Princess. I still have to put the finishing touches on her Cinderella tutu I had made last month for her. This one didn't turn out quite as well as the one I was trying to mimic done by Stephanie Rose of Double Equis. I'm still pretty please with it.