Tuesday, August 2, 2011

LA Garment District & FDIM

I've been reading on the shopping adventures of Dana at Made & Ashley over at Lil Blue Boo in the LA Garment District, I've finally went on a trip of my own last weekend. I met up with a friend at Angelique Cafe for brunch and headed out for shopping.

I made these simple head bands from elastics I bought at one of the stores.

I also picked up zippers and grosgrain ribbons. The ribbons are for more hair bows for the Piggie.

These sample fabrics were at the FDIM scholarship store 3 for $1. They're small cuts of fabric but I think I got enough of the larger pieces to put together a super cute dress, pillow cover and a couple zippered pouches.



I also bought some additional knits, cotton and upholstery fabric.



Can't wait to get started!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: