Sunday, August 21, 2011

How to eat your vegetables


I saw this healthier zucchini bread recipe on Prudent Baby come through this week and was anxious to give it a try.  It was easy and delicious.  Definitely worth a try. 

At my neighbors suggestion, I picked up some of Trader Joe's pizza dough last night for $1.29 each.  I've been diggin on thin crust pizzas these days, so I only used 1/2 of the dough to make a nice veggie pizza for lunch today.  Instead of rolling it out, I just stretched out the dough to fit inside my ceramic baking pan.  I used marinara sauce and cut up some veggies I had lying around.

In my oven, I had to bake for 16 minutes to get it golden and crispy.  I think the instructions on the package said 12 minutes.  I know generally when baking with ceramic dishes, you gave to go a little longer than a metal baking sheet.  I got mine a few years ago at a Pampered Chef party.

I don't know what took me so long to try this!



No comments: