Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Shrimp Dinner

I wish I took a picture of my yummy shrimp dinner, but I was too anxious to devour it!

I concocted this recipe last night and had a WOW dinner in less than 20mins!

1/2 lb jumbo shrimp deveined (I bought mine at Henry's already deveined)
1/2 package of linguine
1/2 - 1C chopped sundried tomatoes (mine was from a jar from costco. I use it for panini sandwiches too)
1 can artichoke hearts - cut into quarters
1 lemon
1Tsp powdered thyme
4-6 cloves garlic minced (i use a garlic press)
Salt & pepper
Olive Oil

1. Boil water for pasta.
2. Wash shrimp and toss with olive oil, lemon juice from 1/2 of the lemon, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Water should be boiling by now, cook pasta with salt and olive oil.
4. Chop sundried tomatoes and quarter artichoke hearts.
5. Heat large skillet with olive oil. When HOT, toss shrimp mixture and stir fry for approx 2min. Shrimp should be translucent pink, not cooked all the way through. Remove from heat and set aside in a separate plate.
6. Stir pasta, toss sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts in skillet and cook until warm. Return shrimp.
7. Pasta should be al dente, drain and add to skillet. Mix together until incorporated. Serve (garnish with fresh basil if you have some on hand).

I was very impressed with my mad cooking skills.

***Emeril's Braised Short Ribs recipe is also very easy and yummy. I made it twice in 1 week.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/braised-short-ribs-recipe/index.html

No comments: