Here's a work in progress series of pictures. Cutting patterns have been much easier since I purchased a self healing mat and rotary cutter! Seriously, I was able to cut in less than 15mins.
Rae's instructions on incorporating piping also made it a lot easier to tackle. I did about 75% of this project using my zipper foot on the sewing machine. It works very well with piping.
I finished in under 2 hours, including taking time out to nurse my little man. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.
The piping gives it a nice finished look.
The interior seams are still unfinished. I'll probably finish it off on the serger instead of using bias tape to cover them.
It's just the right size for my little Piggie, and probably good for another couple years. I love that it's handmade by me :)
And we don't have to worry no matter where we go that it would get mixed up with another kid.
I'll be making another one with the same print in pink with blue piping for the gift in a couple weeks. Hope her little friend likes it : )