Sunday, November 29, 2009

Apple Picking

Ni Hao, Kai Lan is one of the little Piggie's favorite TV shows on Nick Jr. It's like Dora except it teaches viewers Chinese! In a recent episode, there's some apple picking. I haven't seen it, but I keep hearing her say she's picking apples. I was so inspired by the felt house that Jill made on her blog, I wanted to make a less detailed version on a wall hanging version for Piggie to pick apples. Joann's had an after Thanksgiving sale on felt for $1.99/yd. I picked up some and put together this.

The apples, bird and owl are attached with velcro, so she cam pull them off and re-arrange. I'll attach a wooden rod at the top and hang off the door handle or from the linen closet doors.

Here's some close ups:



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

homemade by jill said...

looks great!

Brandy@YDK said...

came over from jill's blog. love your hanging. i'm going to tackle one of these playhouses for my son. i'm nervous. did you put velcro on the hanging part too or just the back of your animals/apples?