Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tech Sleeve

I made this sleeve for my sister using this tutorial from Dog Named Banjo Blog. Since the original tute is for an iPod Touch, I made some modifications to fit a Kindle Touch. In the event you need one, here are the measurements:

14 3/4" x 6 - one of each for lining and exterior. I happened to use the same fabric.
14 1/4 x 5 1/2 - batting (i used instead of fusible fleece) to back the lining fabric.
14 3/4 x 6 - pellon fusible webbing for exterior to stiffen it up.
2 x 3 - one of each for lining and exterior flap (which I fused 1 piece with webbing)
sew on Velcro


Measurements for an iPad 2 are as follows:
20 3/8 x 8 1/2 - one of each for lining and exterior
20 3/8 x 8 1/2 - 1 to line the interior fabric
19 7/8 x 8 - pellon fusible webbing for exterior fabric
3 x 3 - one of each for lining and exterior flap (this time I sandwiched batting)
sew on Velcro

Posted by Picasa

No comments: