Thursday, April 8, 2010

Seat Belt Covers

My daughter complains about her seat belt rubbing against her chest and neck.  We usually just pull her shirt up or turn her collar up to protect her skin.  I finally had an ah ha moment and made her a set of seat belt covers.  This was a quickie accomplished over lunch.
These are for my daughter

What you'll need:
2pcs of each - 5 1/2 x 4 flannel (or any other fabric you like), batting, double sided quilted fabric (you can double up on the batting if you want to use another fabric). 
6 in of velcro
Thread

Lay the flannel wrong side down, then quilted fabric, and batting.  Sew around (1/4 in seam) leaving a 2 inch open to turn inside out.  Clip corners and turn inside out. Sew 2 inch opening shut.  Attach velcro and you're done! 

I made made another set for my son using 5 1/2 x 5 measurements instead. 

***Update*** - For adult sized, use 7.5 x 7.5 squares.

1 comment:

SBmom said...

Very cleaver! Cute patterns too.