Thursday, September 10, 2009

Toddler Skirts

I found a new blog last week that I've been stalking diligently - Made.  It's given so much inspriration to create.  I've listed a couple of the projects in my "things i want to make".  I started with Dana's tutorial for the Market Skirt.  I found seersucker material at M&L Discount Fabrics in Anaheim for $1.98/yd and $2.98/yd.  I picked out a yellow dot, multi-colored stripe and strawberry print on blue background.  I also picked up a red dot cotton fabric - more on this later.  Below are pics of the fabric and my completed skirt!

I can't wait for the Piggie to wake up from her nap so we can try it on.  The pattern was for 2T-3T so it'll be a little big on her.  I think it's fine tho, she can always grow into it.
As for the red dot fabric, the Piggie's dressing up as Minnie Mouse for Halloween.  I picked up the fabric to make her the skirt with an apron top and frill straps.  I guess more like a skirt romper she can wear over a black top.  We'll just add some mouse ears, white gloves and whiskers - she'll be all set.

1 comment:

dana said...

it turned out perfect. Lovely fabric choice! I'm sure she looks adorable in it! Thanks for sharing with me :).
- dana