Thursday, March 1, 2012

Healthier Pancakes

These were made with apple sauce and soy milk. I used a basic pancake recipe and substituted apple sauce for oil & sugar and soy milk instead of regular milk:

Ingredients:
1 C flour
1 Tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg beaten
1 C soy milk
2 Tsp applesauce

Directions:
1. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt
2. In another bowl, combine egg, milk, and apple sauce
3. Add liquid ingredients to dry, stirring until combined. Let mixture rest for 30 seconds
4. With a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour onto greased skillet (I used a mist of olive oil)
5. Cook until bubbles appear on surface and flip.

Extra Credit:
I like to add mini chocolate chips, coconut shavings or sliced bananas.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds and looks delicious! I will need to try this recipe with my son :)