Friday, November 7, 2008

Empire Waisted Tunic Top

Well, I did it. My very first garment from a pattern. This is from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones. It took me nearly 4 hours to complete from start to finish. In part I had trouble understanding the instructions. It wasn't very clear that some pieces I had to cut in flip flopped. Then I didn't realise I cut the the fabric panels not using the contrasting print. But I still liked the way it turned out over all. I second guessed a lot of the instructions because I couldn't picture how to put it together or turn. I would have made some changes in the armpit area, I think it puckers since the sleeve was simply a rectangle. It still looks like boutique quality and I'm happy. I think when I make a second one, I'll be able to do it in less time and produce a better fit.

No comments: