I'm so happy that Lynne liked the Tutu and Pinafore I made for Grace for her birthday. It felt great to give her something I made myself. Lynne's very into DIY ~ and she ususally does it better than what money can buy. So it was a huge compliment that she not only liked them, but wanted to know how she can make them for herself!
In attempt to give Lynne a pattern, I cut one of my own. It's a little larger than the one I made Grace. It gives me great pride to say that I've done a pretty good job. We went to my new found favorite store M&L Discount Fabrics in Anaheim and picked out the fabrics for project. Yi Yi helped me pick out this nice yellow and pink flower print to go with the dot print I chose. From start to finish, this project took about 1 hour to complete. I'm getting more efficient on the sewing machine.
I might revise the patten a little bit - giving it a wider neckline. It's a tight squeeze for Bella's bobble head. Otherwise, the fit is good. I'll scan it tonight and email it to Lynne for her to play with.
Now I'm working on a Bitty Booties project from Heather Bailey. It's simply adorable. However the booties are good for 6mos, so I'll have to modify it for the piggie. I thought they would make great slippers for our flight to Australia at the end of the month. Plus, it's always sooooo cold at my aunts house there, it would keep Bella's little toes nice and warm.